How to Choose a Cursive Handwriting Program
Step 1. Look at the end result.
- Ask to see handwriting samples from students who have used the program.
Step 2. Evaluate the alphabet style.
- Is it age appropriate?
- Is it a practical script that is legible?
- Is it a fluid style that allows the student to write with speed?
Step 3. Determine the starting age.
- Does the program start cursive at an appropriate age?
- Does it take 3 years just to teach printing?
- How many students continue to write in cursive at the end of the program?
Step 4. Analyze the workbooks.
- Are they easy to use and enjoyable for the student?
- Is there a Teaching Guide included?
- What extra materials are required?
For more information, please click the links below.